Total Pageviews

Monday 3 November 2014

MARRIED MAN. WORRIED MAN



From a distance
I thought it was a matter of chance
Perfect pair
Man.Woman. None to err
Ordained by a deity
Until death do them tear
Adam. Eve. Romeo. Juliet
Each other’s interest was made clear
To uphold and love each other
Whether foul or fair

But..
Today I live with an Eve, without any care
Not even an iota
What I saw as the perfect picture
Only a mirage like another
My Eve is a stranger
A struggling stranger strangling strength out of me
Dews of nagging
Sunshine of bragging
My interests, her dislikes
My hobbies, the cause of our fights

And..
She’s the prophet of my doom
And the reason for my wounds
The teacher of my enemies
A woman of many hubbies
Don’t ask me what she has done today, too
Ask me what she hasn’t done today
For each day is an opportunity to devise evil
I wish I may
I wish single I had stayed
And more attention I had paid
To home-bred Eves and not just home-wed ones
I wish I may
I wish low I had laid
And more attention I had paid
Not to just Saturday white events
But to friendship long lasting

Someone tell me if I was set up
Set up to be strangled by a self-styled wife of a stranger
Show me where space is
I want to go hide there
Morning is yet to break
Her anger I’ll definitely kiss
Show me where the heavens are
I want to sue the deity
Who ordained this albatross of a marriage!


No comments:

Post a Comment