Total Pageviews

Monday 3 November 2014

MEMORIES



Look at me not for long
For as you are
So I was
And as you walk
So I did toss
And indeed…
I passed this way once before
One, two, three, four
At the snap of a finger
Memories are but no more

Back then…
Glitteringly glaring graves of grave graves
Body safes
Eternal caves
Beautiful beds, man-made
Made not for the living
But for those bound for Hades

As you were
So I was
Carrying a weighty cross
Cross of sorrows and loss
Loss of friends; true and false
Loss of family; hidden in death’s jaws
As you weep
So I dug deep
Into mysteries worth not the seek

Look at me not for long
For if I had been strong
As strong as a baby; man’s young
I would have laughed
Laughed my heart out till it was all torn
Though born of thorns
My headaches I would have ignored
My strength I would have brought on board
And the pleasures I could afford 
I would have afforded even if they were odd
Once we live to live
Only myself I live to please

Look at me not for long
For as I am
So you shall be
Pampered to the parish by pallbearers
Mourned by a multitude who care less
Friend, live on your papers
For where I am
You will be as lonely as the friendless


No comments:

Post a Comment